Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Brookes Brothers - "In the Moment ft. Amahla"

I'll admit it - I haven't been a consistent drum'n'bass listener in recent years. Once upon a time it was definitely a corner I stood on, but looking at the tracklist on Drum & Bass Arena 2019, so many of the artist names are unknown to me. But I know a good track when I hear it and "In the Moment" is a GREAT track.

That said, I think the strength of this song is guest vocalist Amahla, who brings a soulful swoon to this cut that isn't quite as evident on the other Brookes Brothers original, "Good Thing," which is a much more straightforward d'n'b cut. In fact, for much of its run-time, "In the Moment" feels much more like a broken-beat number that would come out on Tru Thoughts - which may be why I'm so taken with this track (seriously, just look at how often TT gets labeled/mentioned here on RR).

I'm certainly going to keep an ear out for more from Brookes Brothers, but I've already added Amahla on socials, and snagged a copy of her Consider This EP and eagerly await more from this talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment