Thursday, July 4, 2019

My Polaris Prize Ballot - 2019 Round Two

Round two of the Polaris Prize voting (i.e. whittling down from the Long List to the Short List) closed last night at midnight CT and now I wait until the announcement event on July 16th to see if I did any better with this round than the 2/5 I went on Round One.

Honestly the best I've ever done was 3/5 and it wasn't until last year with Jeremy Dutcher claiming the prize that my unequivocal #1 actually took home the prize so I'm disappointed but not surprised to go 2/5 and see no Winnipeg / Manitoba entries make the Long List.

As I have always done, I move up the votes that make the cut to the top spots, and then fill in the rest of my ballot from among the overlap between my personal Long List and the official Polaris one.

I'd like to shout out Alexandra Streliski and TOBi as I did agonize over including both their records in my 5-spot.

Here's what I ended up submitting last night:




No comments:

Post a Comment