Tuesday, February 12, 2019

RIP Darryl Weeks

Just found out that Darryl Weeks passed away on Sunday. He ran StageFright Publicity and handled a ton of great clients including the Paper Bag Records roster. A litany of StageFright artists have found their way to this blog, to my radio show and a place on my year-end lists thanks to Darryl over the years.

I never got the chance to meet him in person but we were "Facebook friends" and emailed regularly to set up interviews, stay up-to-date on records he was working and discuss our  shared affinity for music by the likes of Louise Burns and Helena Deland.

We were in touch as recently as last week discussing a pair of Luminelle Recordings releases that are already on my 2019 longlist: MUNYA and Anemone. In a strange coincidence, the physical copy of the Anemone just showed up at UMFM in today's mail.

My sincerest condolences to all affected by his loss, most particularly to his young family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment