Friday, October 26, 2018

Makaya McCraven - "Mantra"

IT'S UNIVERSAL BEINGS RELEASE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally. Thanks to the fine folks at International Anthem, I've been absorbing the second release from Chicago's Makaya McCraven for a little while now and waiting for the opportunity to feature it on my radio show. Tonight I'll finally get to spin the track below but more importantly, the record is now available to listen to in its entirety on Bandcamp and to purchase. The entire record is a stunner and has a solid spot on my 2018 Longlist, but "Mantra" continues to stand out on multiple listens because that interpolation of harp and bowed bass dancing atop the snapping percussion. It creates a mood and a groove that I just want to luxuriate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment