Thursday, October 4, 2018

Cosmic Analog Ensemble - "Phoenician Rose"

I had saved a draft of this post on August 21st and just totally flaked on posting it back then, but while you would have had to wait nearly three months for the release of Une Vie Cent Détours had I posted it back then, now it's only a few weeks away from being available. There's still time to pre-order the digital or vinyl version of this hot jazz/funk album before it drops October 21st and as of October 4th, there are still 2 of 4 copies of the test pressing available. Can't remember how I landed on the Comsic Analog Ensemble's music back in August, but "Phoenician Rose" grabbed me instantly with its bumpin' strut and the turntable flourishes that brought me back to Mo'Wax releases from my youth. CAE are like a live-breaks group and the cut below is a tight under-3-minute gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment