Thursday, July 12, 2018

Nitai Hershkovits - "Robin"

So as I understand it, Wah Wah 45 is releasing Time Grove Roots as sort of a teaser for a forthcoming album from Time Grove. Roots gathers older material from the composite parts of Time Grove to give you a taste of what each member is capable of on their own in advance of hearing what they accomplish as a group. This all caught my eye because Amir Bresler and Sefi Zisling are included and the pair have been featured on RR and on my radio show in the past. Plus the details make mention of Rejoicer, a recent addition to the Stones Throw coterie and that's a label I always keep an ear on. The name I didn't know is pianist Nitai Hershkovits, who is credited as guiding Time Grove. Needless to say I was glad that the preview track is Hershkovits' "Robin" so I could get a sense of what their style is and it definitely fits the description of "forward thinking, melodic jazz meets electronic wizardry." Looking forward to hearing what all the players accomplish together.

No comments:

Post a Comment