Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Devonns - "Come Back"

For something that was dashed off, this track has some staying power. Chicago throwback soul group The Devonns apparently wrote "Come Back" in ten minutes. That's less time than I have spent listening to it as I've gone back-to-back-to-back with this tune.

As someone with a son named Isley, I may just be a pushover when it comes to a group that creates a warmth to their recording that bathes the listnere in sound and uses horns and strings to augment a bouncy tune. R.E.M's Ken Stringfellow guests on guitar and percussion and I have to wonder if that glockenspiel is him.

The Come Back b/w Think I'm Falling In Love 7in drops June 8th via Record Kicks but can be heard below or found on the label's Record Kicks 15th compilation

And FYI, it's pronounced "De-vaughns," for when you're recommending this group to a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment