Wednesday, December 12, 2018

2018 Year End Longlist, Part 1

It's that time of year again - actually that time of year seems to arrive sooner every year - and I'm in the process of whittling down my longlist to arrive at my Top 20 for my FOURTEENTH ANNUAL (!!) countdown show on UMFM on NYE. As I narrow the field I'll start sharing what I considered but didn't make the cut and due to a particularly LONG longlist, I'm just going to post a track from each without any commentary. There's no order to what I'll be listing in each entry, but some of these song selections might end up on my Top 20 songs even if the album didn't make the Top 20 as a whole. Hope you make some discoveries as you work your way through the list.

Curtis Roush - Cosmic Campfire Music [Modern Outsider]


Anna Burch - Quit the Curse [Polyvinyl]


Gizelle Smith - Ruthless Day [Jalapeno]


Kirsten Ludwig - We Get It Now [Oscar St. Records]


The Brothers Nylon - Bitches Cold Brew [Resistant Mindz]


Eric Chenaux - Slowly Paradise [Constellation]


Imarhan - Temet [City Slang]


Jeff Rosenstock - POST- [Polyvinyl]


The James Hunter Six - Whatever It Takes [Daptone]


Calexico - The Thread That Keeps Us [Anti-]


Yamantaka//Sonic Titan - Dirt [Paper Bag]


MAST - Thelonious Sphere Monk [World Galaxy]


Typhoon - Offerings [Roll Call]


Superchunk - What A Time To Be Alive [Merge]


Palm - Rock Island [Carpark]

No comments:

Post a Comment