Sunday, December 24, 2017

2017 Year End Longlist, Part 5

It's Christmas Eve as I write this, which means New Years' Eve is a week away. I'll be revealing my Top 20 that night on UMFM as part of my 13th annual countdown show, but in the interim here's more from the very long longlist I considered when compiling my picks.

Nnamdi Ogbonnaya - Drool [Sooper]


AndyFellaz - Beatbop Street [Cold Busted]


Scarper - Warmer Squares [Plexus]


Chip Wickham - La Sombra [Lovemonk]


Fauvely - Watch Me Overcomplicate This [Independent]


Japer Lee - Mirror Of Wind [Noumenal Loom]


Hector Plimmer - Sunshine [Independent]


Sufvyn - Ascension [Independent]


Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs - Feed the Rats [Rocket Recordings]


Hurray for the Riff Raff - The Navigator [ATO]


Ice Tha One - In The Paint [Independent]


Don Gero - Wizarding [Crash Symbols]


Toxic - This Is Beautiful Because We Are Beautiful People [esp-disk]


Satomimagae - Kemri [White Paddy Mountain]


Alex Lahey - I Love You Like A Brother [Dead Oceans]


Ingrid Laubrock - Serpentines [Intakt]


Fawda Trio - Road to Essaouira [Original Cultures]


Bei Bei & Shawn Lee - Year of the Funky [Legere Recordings]


Don Bryant - Don't Give Up On Love [Fat Possum]


Father John Misty - Pure Comedy [Sub Pop]


Heliocentrics - A World of Masks [Out There]

No comments:

Post a Comment