Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Bridal Party - "Attention"

Didn't realize I'd taken quite so extended a break from RR - August turned out to be a busy month IRL and while there was a slew of music crossing my desk, I just didn't ever get my head above water to share stuff.

That said, I'm catching up on last week's releases as I was completely off the grid and found Too Much in my inbox from Victoria BC's Bridal Party waiting for me. It's a front-to-back solid slice of indie pop, but it was album closer "Attention" that really got mine.

It pairs a really bouncy track with a pretty scathing take on social media behaviour and great vocals from Suzannah Raudaschl that showcase her range - particularly on the chorus.

The band are about to hit the road - including a stop here in Winnipeg - and fingers-crossed I'll be talking to them for my radio show and possibly coaxing them in to UMFM for a live session.

No comments:

Post a Comment